In an exporting or importing transaction there are a range of risks you need to consider before entering into a "contract of sale" with another party. These issues can be costly and time-consuming. ANZ offers a number of solutions that aim to mitigate these trade risks and help provide assurance and protection for your business.
The "method of payment" is one of the most important factors that need to be agreed by the buyer and seller, during the formation of a Contract of Sale. The Documentary Credit method has been used throughout the world for over 100 years.
- One of the safest methods of payments
- Consistent approach maintained through international accepted standards from the International Chamber of Commerce
- ANZ advising fee refunded if you choose to negotiate documents through ANZ.
ANZ facilitates Documentary Collections both for exporters and importers making the collection process a secure and easy one.
- Exporters can ask ANZ to arrange collection of export proceeds from overseas buyers on their behalf
- ANZ can assist importers through the collection process, and remit funds to the overseas party on receipt of payment from you
- ANZ can make the collection process time and cost effective, enabling exporters and importers to focus on other core activities.
ANZ facilitates the process of Bid Bonds and Performance Bonds, making both processes smoother for all parties concerned.
- The Bid Bond is an indication of a company's commitment and ability to carry out the work being tendered for
- The Performance Bond provides comfort that a company has the necessary skills and capabilities to carry out the required work and comply with contractual terms and conditions.
Managing your business risks is one of the most important responsibilities you have. ANZ provide a number of products and services to help guard your business against foreign exchange risk.
- ANZ Forward Exchange Contract – a contract between two parties (the bank and the customer)
- Foreign Currency Accounts - allows you the flexibility of accessing your foreign funds as required
- Foreign Currency Term Deposits - offers your business the certainty of a fixed rate of interest at a competitive return
- ANZ Trade and FX Direct - provides International Payments, trade finance and foreign exchange services to importers and exporters, co-ordinated by a single point of contact.